Return to other stuff page
BMW K-Bike & R-Bike Lost Key Service
$70 - U.S.A. Only
Canada too but the price will be a little higher due to higher mailing costs.
Note: I mostly work with Ks but a lot of R-Bike models use the same key as K-Bikes so I can help there too. Click here to see a list of compatible BMW models/years at the bottom of this page.
Over the years I have saved up copies of well over 100 different K bike keys. Chances are if you've lost the key to your K bike, R Bike or luggage then one of the ones I have will fit. I've done this for quite a few people and never not been able to find the right key. You do not need to pay me anything until I'm sure that I've got a good key for you. It's only $10 for return shipping if I can't find a key for you.
IGNITION: All you need to do is mail me your ignition switch and/or seat lock. (Sending both ensures better results but the ignition lock is the most important one.) I'll try all of my different keys in your lock and probably be able to find a working key for you. Instructions on ignition switch and seat lock removal for K75s and K100s: Click here.
SYSTEM CASES, TOP CASES, GAS CAPS: I can also help with these. Email me for details.
What's included:Two replacement keys cut by a locksmith that will work in the lock(s) you send me.
(The images above are of key blanks but the ones you receive will be professionally cut to fit by a locksmith.)
Return postage via USPS.
1) You uninstall the ignition switch and/or seat lock (details on how to do this are described below). Or one or all six of the system case locks.
2) Mail them to me (I recommend using a USPS Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box as it is economical and fast.)
3) I will find a working key for your lock and have two copies made by a professional locksmith.
4) I will return your locks to you with 2 replacement keys via USPS mail as quickly as I can. (I now live in the boonies and the nearest locksmith is about an hour away so turnaround times may vary but let me know if you need this done quickly and I will do my best to accommodate you.)
1) Although I'm pretty confident that I have a key that will match your lock(s), there is a remote chance that I do not. You do not need to pay me anything in advance. If I do not find a key for you then you only need to pay me $10 for return shipping.
2) Removing the ignition switch from a K1, K100RS4V or K1100 is quite a project which entails drilling out the two security bolts that hold it in as well as some disassembly of the upper fork tree components.
3) If you use USPS Mail then be sure to use a BOX, not an envelope. If you use an envelope then the USPS package mutilating machine may have a go at it - like this ignition switch that arrived with the Flat Rate Envelope torn open and the switch falling out.
K75 or K100 Ignition Switch & Seat Lock Removal: Click here.
K100RS4V, K1, K1100: Removing the ignition switch from a 4V bike is a bit of a project as you need to drill out two security bolts (that can later be replaced by normal M8x30 bolts) and some disassembly of the upper fork tree.